1. Anyone requesting travel reimbursement must be a Local 302 member in good standing as defined in the Union Bylaws and Constitution:
a. Provide proof via dues card and registration slip for Local 302 in Alaska.
b. Must be currently working out of the Local 302 in Alaska or registered for work on at least one Local 302 Out-of-Work List in Alaska.
c. Worked and paid into Alaska Training at least 200 hours in the last 2 calendar years.
2. Members must successfully complete the training class. (Walk-in testing does not qualify as a training class.) Dependent on the type of class taken, successful completion is defined as:
a. Satisfying the minimum attendance requirements and achieving an average score of 80% or higher on class homework/tests. (Example: If attending a 40 Hour Hazmat class, it is required you attend all 40 hours of class to successfully complete class
b. Obtaining the certification/qualification intended for the class. The Training Trust will not reimburse for certification fees, transportation, lodging or meals in the event that you fail to obtain the certification/qualification on your first attempt or any attempts thereafter.
3. Reimbursement requests and supporting documentation must be turned in within 2 weeks of the completion of training. Requests received after that time may result in immediate denial of reimbursement. No expense will be reimbursed without a valid receipt and a completed Travel Reimbursement Request Form. These forms are available at any of our Training Trust offices. Receipts must show an itemized list of all items and proof of payment. Please separate your purchases so only items being reimbursed are on the submitted receipt.
4. STEP Grant Applications must be completed if you are seeking reimbursement. You must complete the entire application. We will also need: a copy of a recent paystub (within the last 5 years – showing you’ve paid into unemployment insurance), valid Alaska driver’s license, and view your social security card for verification.
Non-Standard Training (training not offered or conducted by AOEETT)
1. Members must receive prior written approval from the Administrator for non-standard training requests utilizing the Non-Standard Training Request Form. Upon the Administrator’s approval, the member will be contacted and advised to proceed with travel arrangements for the class and submission of a STEP Grant Application.
2. In the event that you are unable to attend training in your local area and wish to train at another location, you must obtain written approval from the Administrator if you will be requesting reimbursement. Failure to obtain non-standard training approval prior to training will result in the immediate denial of reimbursement.
1. Members living outside of the 65 mile one-way radius from the training site location may request lodging reimbursement of 50% of the total room charges. The maximum amount of reimbursement for lodging is $600.00 for a 2 week training period. You must submit a copy of your lodging receipt with your total room charges and a completed Travel Reimbursement Request Form within 2 weeks of the completion of class.
1. As of August 2015 AOEETT will NOT reimburse for members travel expenses including airfare, ferry, or mileage. Members traveling for training will be required to make their own travel arrangements and pay for all associated expenses.
Meals - The Training Trust reserves the right to refuse payment or reimbursement for any charges that are determined to be abusive, unnecessary, or unreasonable.
1. Members living outside of the 65 mile one-way radius from the training site location may request meal reimbursement. You must submit a copy of all detailed meal receipts with a completed Travel Reimbursement Request Form within 2 weeks of the completion of class. Receipts must show an itemized list of all items ordered and proof of payment. AOEETT does not reimburse for alcohol. If alcohol is listed on your receipt(s) you will be held responsible for the charges. Tipping your server is at your discretion and is not a reimbursable expense.
a. Palmer - Members may request meal reimbursement up to $15.00 maximum Monday - Friday and $20.00 maximum on Saturday and Sunday. Lunch is provided Monday - Friday at the Palmer Training Center.
b. Anchorage/Fairbanks/Juneau - Members may request meal reimbursement up to $20.00 maximum per day.
The following list of items are NOT covered for reimbursement. This is not an all-encompassing list and is subject to change at the Training Trusts discretion. Anyone found violating or falsifying information in these situations will be ineligible for any future reimbursement. **
If you are carpooling only the individual driving will be reimbursed **
The Alaska Operating Engineers/Employers Training Trust staff is not responsible for the submission of the stated required documents; it is the responsibility of the person requesting reimbursement. AOEETT staff may provide information regarding the submission of documents, however, they will not be held responsible for an individual’s failure to follow the above guidelines.
By typing my name below I acknowledge that I have been given a copy of this Travel Reimbursement Policy for my review and understand that it is my responsibility to read and adhere to it. I further acknowledge that my failure to follow the above guidelines will result in the immediate denial of reimbursement.